Wednesday, December 8

Kruger meanders - around Satara

Day 2  (click here to return to Day 1)

King of the Jungle
My first full day in Kruger dawns cool, cloudy and very windy.
After checking and tightening all flaps and guy ropes on my tent and gazebo I set off for a morning's drive east of Satara.

Safety in numbers on a cool, blustery day

First impala lambs of the season

A "tower" of giraffe

Red Crested Korhaan

Wood Sandpiper


A fairly quiet morning drive after all the initial action on the S100 - probably the weather.....

A not so long siesta in camp, a bit uncomfortable as my camping set up doesn't provide any shelter from the blustery wind, so I set off earlier than planned for my afternoon drive south and west of Satara.

Buffalo near a stand of Leadwoods

Plains zebra - she looks very pregnant!
a curious Tree Squirrel
Cheetah marking territory

This cheetah has obviously eaten recently!

and a 1/2 hour later, leopard on it's warthog kill!


Wow! What an end to my first full day......


Click here to continue to Day 3

2 comments:

Ruth Swasey said...

Sue, I love all the photos, especially this one of the leopard staring right back at you. AWESOME!

Coral Wild said...

yes Ruth, I spotted this leopard first, in a Marula tree right next to the road, so managed to get the best view. There were also 2 hyenas under the tree scavenging scraps but that didn't prevent this big boy from jumping down once he decided he had had enough!